Sunday, February 7, 2010

Midnight Haiku

snowflakes falling soft
dissolving on eyelashes
silent night again

It's interesting how creative one can get under the influence of mood-altering substances. Now, before anyone gets their knickers in a twist, I am NOT talking about any illicit substance - I'm talking about the effect that can be brought about on the body with a glass of good wine and a slice of Konditor Meister cake. Truly, gods and goddesses among patissiers. It's the grown-up equivalent of a sugar high. And it's good. I mean, if I'm going to have insomnia, I might as well enjoy it, right? (As a completely Type A aside, does anyone know how to get the circumflex to display over the a in patissiers?)

How is it that I seem to be stuck on West Coast time when the only time zones I've visited in the last 3 years are GMT, GMT+1 and GMT-5?? I've written 2 more poems and finished another chapter in a short story I've been working on. I can feel myself slowly starting to wind down, so I'll start revising stuff I wrote earlier this week and then try to get a little sleep.

And if that doesn't work, I'll just cut myself another slice of pastry heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment