Thursday, February 4, 2010

2010: A Strange Odyssey

So, 2009 was truly a year of incredible change in my life. After ringing in the New Year '09 in Belgium with good friends, life went on a bit of a downward spiral for a bit. Now, back on the upswing, I'm looking back at a year that changed everything.

I was a mid-30s career minded workaholic with a long-distance spouse (literally, on another continent). I dabbled in music, art, theatre and writing.

Now? I'm a cancer patient and a first-time homeowner. I'm still a workaholic, but trying to channel some of that energy into things I was dabbling in before. Facing your own mortality does wonders for smacking you upside the head with your own misplaced priorities.

Which brings me to this blog. I'm writing again, and I thought I'd publish some here. I also might post some of my artwork, photos, or even (possibly) audio clips of my music. Who knows?

I'm taking off the blinders. Care to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment